Our ancestors were not unintelligent people. They were constantly growing and adapting and learning about themselves and the environment around them. Most people who are in the same situation as them would not have been able to handle what they did. Modern man surely wouldn’t be able to do so! It is important to consider how exactly our ancestors used to improve their brain health and why it was they did so.
One of the methods that they used was the herbal options around them that made sure they could improve their cognitive function and improve their abilities. Here are some of the natural herbs our ancestors may have used in order to improve their brains and how you can use the same.
- Panax Ginseng – this is a natural herb that is native to China and Korea (in addition to Russia). The people who used this natural compound were able to see a tremendous number of advantages from just using the drug to improve their memory and reduce their anxiety. It is still currently one of the most well-liked supplements for improving brain health in this way. Even though there are plenty of different kinds of ginseng, try to find the “panax” variation.
- Bacopa Monnieri – in ancient India they had medication that was called Ayurvedic. The ancient Indian peoples (up until recently and even within the present) have been using bacopa monnieri as a plant that could reduce anxiety and thus improve mental performance. This has had serious repercussions for people who are trying to get ahead or do something specific with their lives. Bacopa is an anxiety-improving drug that has a number of different benefits.
- Rhodiola Rosea – the peak image of a true warrior in our past is a Viking. These Nordic warriors would raid and pillage many parts of the globe from their ships and genetically they were usually bigger than most. The vikings were considered to be some of the bravest and most adept warriors and they had some of their own cognitive tools being used to the cold. Many people in this environment would use rhodiola rosea to handle stress.
As you can tell, getting rhodiola rosea will help you to better understand how to handle stress and it will make a big difference in the long run as well.
That isn’t the only thing that our ancestors used, however. Even though these three are some of the more popular options that you can use in order to enhance your cognitive abilities, they are not going to do everything that you want. You might want to look at some of the other options that our ancestors would have used. There are two more common, but not very well known. Here are a few more to look at:
- Reishi mushroom – who doesn’t like mushrooms? The reishi mushroom is one native to many regions of China and Korea and have been used by these societies for hundreds of years. Taking reishi mushroom is supposed to help reduce feelings of anxiety and increase your immune strength. With an enhanced immune system, you’ll have a much better experience than you might taking some kind of prescription drug.
- Ashwagandha – another great drug, ashwagandha reduces anxiety and helps promote cognitive performance in the process. You are going to find a lot of advantages from using this if you do it with the right quantity. In fact, even friends of the Stickie Wicket blog are using ashwagandha in order to reduce their feelings of anxiety. If you are interested in more information about this you can check it out in the video below.